Tuesday 22 September 2020

Weekly roundup EPL week 2 "Let the dust settle"

 


Every Tuesday I write a quick review of the last week's matches and let you know how my predictions got on. 

I try and keep my opinions as unbiased as possible, so if you enjoy this blog please feel free to share your opinions with me in the comment section below. 

Green = Correct score.     Blue = Correct result.   Red = Wrong 


Result Everton 5-2 West Brom  My Prediction Everton 2-0 West Brom

Good result for Everton and especially Dominic Calvert-Lewin claiming his first hat-trick however West Brom didn´t just roll over and die, in fact up until Kieren Gibbs red card I thought they were the better team and it was no surprise when they equaled just after half time.  
But in the end, Everton did the deserve the win but I feel West Brom could prove to be quite a problem for a lot of teams.


Result Leeds 4-3 Fulham  My Prediction Leeds 3-2 Fulham

You got to love Leeds games, it could be 4 or 44 goals at the moment, just pure entertainment.
And to be honest the same goes for Fulhman both have fast and energetic forward, what lets them both down is there very amateur defending. 
Good game and I see lots more goals for and against for both teams.


Result ManU 1-3 C Palace  My Prediction ManU 2-0 C Palace

So this was meant to be my banker. When will I ever learn not to bet on ManU?
Looking at it as a neutral Palace deserved to win, they were quicker, more inventive, and chased every ball they lost. United in contrast spent too long with the ball at there feet trying to remember how to pass it.
Was good to debutant Van De Beek score but that really just papered over the fact that United looked out of shape and ideas.


Result Arsenal 2-1 West Ham  My Prediction Arsenal 2-1 West Ham

I'm liking the look of Arsenal this year, they have a good balance to there squad and they seem to like playing for each other. I did think West Ham had done enough to secure a valuable away point until Nketiah popped up to put the game to bed.

I'm looking forward to seeing if Arsenal can perform like this against Liverpool next week


Result Southampton 2-5 Spurs  My Prediction Southampton 0-2 Spurs

Well, I didn´t see that happening, and Bale isn´t even playing yet. Southampton was a little unlucky to meet Harry Kane on a day where he couldn't miss with a pass or a shot and he fully deserved to be the man of the match if it weren't for Son 4 goal haul. 

Whereas Spurs have rebounded from there first defeat, saint needs to get a win under there belt and quickly or this season could be there last in the Prem.

Result Newcastle 0-3 Brighton  My Prediction Newcastle 1-1 Brighton

Is Newcastle in trouble already? Is Brighton the next Leicester City? I think the answer is no and NO.

However, Newcastle seriously needs to improve at the back and Brighton needs to play exactly like this every game. 


Result Chelsea 0-2 Liverpool My Prediction Chelsea 0-0 Liverpool

Well..... I predicted a draw from this game and to be honest it was heading that way until Christensen's red card. Well, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. In all fairness, Liverpool played well but I'm struggling to understand why Lampard isn´t playing his youth army.

It's early in the season and I believe Chelsea will be there or thereabouts at the end, but most probably behind Liverpool.


Result
 
Leicester City 4-2 Burnley My Prediction Leicester City 3-1 Burnley

I think most people had this down as a home win unless you're from Burnley. The foxies played efficiently and effectively controlling the midfield and bossing the game. Burnley are a good solid team but got found out on this occasion.


Results

Correct scores 1.     Correct results 4.      Wrong 3.

Not the best results but considering the number of goals scored this week it could easily have been worse. lol

That's my round-up, if you agree or like my blog please leave me a nice comment if you don´t agree with my opinions leave a comment letting me know where I went wrong (be nice thou)

My predictions for week 3 are finished so If you want to know my predictions press the link below.

All the best and best of luck.









No comments:

Post a Comment